Jeff was elected Mayor of Frisco in 2017 after serving on the city council for 9 years. Jeff is also a CPA and Registered Investment Advisor. He graduated among the top of his class from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and a Masters Degree in Public Accounting. He began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers where he was a Senior Associate serving real estate and insurance industries. Jeff then served as a Director of Portfolio Operations for a Dallas-based investment advisory firm where he furthered his knowledge of real estate and asset valuation. Jeff started The Cheney Group in 2003 serving sellers, buyers, and investors.
- “21 Leaders for the 21st Century” by Collin County Business Press
- Frisco Chamber Finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year
- Recognized by the Collin County Association of Realtors Government Affairs Committee with their Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Promotion and Preservation of the Real Estate Profession.
- KW Awarded Top Producer – 15 time award winner
- Tech Titans Technology Adopter Finalist
- Texas Monthly Five Star Dallas/Fort Worth Home Professional
- D Magazine “Best of” Real Estate Agents
- Realtor.com Internet Marketing Excellence Award
- Wall Street Journal ranked Top 1000 Realtor’s in the United States
- Hot on Homes Realtor of the Year
- Frisco Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year
1 Cowboy Way, Suite 160
Frisco, TX 75034