Making the decision to sell your home is certainly not an easy one, which is why it is imperative that you know what all it entails before you dive right in. Whether you are selling your Frisco home and upgrading to something that will better accommodate your growing family or are looking for a fresh start, there are a handful of steps you should take before your house hits the market. All of the steps we will go over below are designed to protect your interests and help you get the most return from your investment.
It is no secret that North Texas’ housing market is hotter than ever, which is causing many homeowners to take a step back and assess their situation, asking themselves if now is the right time to sell. Unlike other parts of the country, homes in Frisco, Plano, Little Elm, and elsewhere in our area are flying off the market, sometimes selling in a matter of days. The Cheney Group has years of experience working with both buyers and sellers in the area, which has allowed us to gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to get a house in the right hands, and quick. If you are considering selling your North Texas home, be sure and check out our home selling system in order to give you a better idea of how we operate.
Now, let’s take a look at a few crucial things that will need to take place before you put your home on the market:
- Make sure this is the right move for you and your family. Before you do anything else, sit down and make sure this is the right time for you to sell your home. Whether that means discussing future plans with your spouse and loved ones or meeting with your financial advisor, we encourage you to spend some time thinking this through before moving forward.
- Think about where you will live. Once you’ve gone over everything and have determined that yes, selling is the right move, think about where you want your next home to be. There are many wonderful communities in our area that are up and coming in cities throughout North Texas that would be the the perfect fit.
- Get your home inspected. Before putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to get it inspected and make sure that you won’t run into any troubles once potential buyers start calling.
- Sit down with a Realtor and set a price. The Cheney Group Realtors have the experience and market knowledge necessary to help you determine what the asking price of your home should be. This is an important step and something that you should feel good about before moving any further. If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to ask!
- Make any necessary repairs. Now is the time that you should make all needed repairs, unless you are selling your home as a “fixer-upper”. From cosmetic updates to major repairs, take a few months and get your home ready before it goes on the market. This will save you a lot of time – and money – down the road, you can count on that.
- Get the house ready to show. With the help of our staging team, your house will be prepared to go on the market and be shown to potential buyers. As we’ve gone over the in the past, the importance of home staging when selling your home is not something to be skipped over.
If you are thinking about selling your home, please contact The Cheney Group today. Our dedicated team of specialists are here to ensure you understand every aspect of the process and would be happy to sit down and discuss your options with you today.